Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First Posting!

I have finally got this blog page together. Well at least some what! I enjoy reading Amy's blog and I finally found the time to get my family one together. MySpace is great, which is what I normally use, but this is nice!

So a little about what's been going on with me and my family....Today is my baby's birthday! Chloe is 5 years old today. Oh, my gosh how fast they grow. She's still as little as a 2 year old so at least I still have a little one I can carry and swing around! :) I look foward to picking her up after school and spending some family time together this evening. I'm waiting until October 26th to have a big birthday party. It will be a Birthday/Halloween party. I think it will be a lot of fun.

I know some may be curious as to how my schooling is going. Well, it's definetely better than I expected it to be. I'm carrying 21 credits this semester (7 classes). 4 at PHCC (Geology, Philosophy, Effective Internet Searching & Anatomy and Physiology II) and 3 at NCI (Mth 309: Numeration Systems, Mth 310: Functions, Probabilitity and Statistics, and EDUC 265: Education Practicum I (60 hours in the classroom) through Longwood University. I guess the class that is kicking my butt the most is Philosophy (Ethics), but it's also the course that I have straight A's (full credit) on all assignments so far. So I'm ecstatic. I really enjoy going to class too. I thought I liked the online classes, but it turns out being in a classroom is not so bad, and you probably really learn more. I have class on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 5:30 to 8:15, but normally we get out early. My family has been great about watching the girls for me. I'm forever greatful for that!


The girls are doing well in school and they seem to be liking this year just fine. Chloe struggles a little on tests, but does awesome on regular school day assignment. It's just Kindergarten anyways. Kayla is just as smart as she has always been. Her interim report was all E's and she scored well above expected standards for Pal's testing. My girls will be smart, just like their mama. LOL :)

My mom and brother are living near me again as of yesterday. The house needs some plumbing work done, but other than that, it's not ALL that bad. I'm glad that mom is closer again, I missed her!

That's about all the Lovelace News for now. Stay tuned. I'm sure something interesting is bound to happen soon! :)

2 comments:

Joe said...

For what it's worth, I am proud of your accomplishments thus far, and I look forward to being invited to your baccalaureatte graduation.

Amy and Rick said...

I love that you are blogging. YAH!! I think that you are doing an excellent job with the girls. I am so happy that school is going so good for you. I can't wait until I am back home to see you all for Christmas. Miss you.